Pursuing board certification in preventive medicine through ACVPM is the natural next step as one strengthens and deepens his or her knowledge and abilities in the field. Board certification is of greatest benefit to veterinarians practicing in the following fields:
- Food safety and hygiene
- Zoonoses control
- Risk analysis and health education
- Public health administration
- Infectious disease prevention and control
- Disaster response and bioterrorism defense
- Environmental health
- Clinical preventive medicine
The American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine is an AVMA-recognized veterinary specialty organization offering board certification in preventive medicine as well as the option of a specialty in epidemiology.
Please use our website to learn more about the certification process and contact us with any additional questions.
Online benefits for members:
- Manage membership information
- Search member directory
- Pay dues
ACVPM has served to promote human and animal health through collaborative efforts since its inception in 1950.